Saturday 12 January 2013

SHOOTING THE STREET.

Street photography is a real passion of mine. When I am not shooting for work I like to wander with my camera and feel the pulse of the city. 



Back in October I took a trip to my old hangout: Barcelona. Ten years has passed since I lived in that great city and although the faces and places had changed a little, the energy remained the same. 



It's a buzzing city and one where people seem quite happy and accustomed to being photographed, a real bonus for someone like me who sits firmly in the category of introverted photographer.


What I love most about photography is being able to capture the way I see the world. Everyone has a different way of seeing things and I am happiest when I can watch, wait and snap when the moment feels right. I prefer not to interfere. I take my hat off to those extroverted street photographers who love nothing more than diving in, making new friends and setting up compositions, but for me, I like the story to tell itself. 



If you are a fan of street photography or maybe want to try some for yourself Eric Kim is an amazing source for inspiration. Enjoy! x











No comments:

Post a Comment