Thursday 17 November 2011

LITTLE FEET AND HANDS



One of the things I enjoy most about working as a photographer is meeting so many great people. Sometimes, I am lucky enough that these great people stay in my life as friends. I like it when this happens.


When I met Jo & Dan last July I could tell straight away that they were my kind of people. They married in August 2010 and I have subsequently shot many of their friends' weddings. Good times.

Jo gave birth to a beautiful baby girl earlier this year and of course I jumped at the chance to photograph her. So, last Thursday a very special thing happened: I photographed the very first Chasing Moments baby.

-->
I felt that the most important thing in planning this baby photo shoot was getting the light just right. I wanted it to have a really soft, dreamy quality and I wanted little Olive to feel relaxed while the shoot was taking place. For this to happen it was important for me to know in advance exactly how I was going to create my 3 different set-ups.

-->
-->
Tecchie bit:
For this type of directional light I used pocket wizards and had a speedlight fire into an umbrella. To balance the light on the other side, I used a reflector and made the most of the beautiful natural light flooding in from a window.

The other key ingredient was my 50mm f1.4 lens. For all photography enthusiasts looking for a quick and easy way to improve their photography, the 50mm lens is a no-brainer. Even if you can’t quite stretch to the f1.4 this side of Christmas, you can pick the f1.8 up for about £50. DO IT!

So on that rather geeky note, I will sign off, but not before saying thanks to the Olney family. Dan, Jo and Olive, you guys rock!

2 comments:

  1. You rock, Ms. Chasing Moments. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fruitless search for a ukelele wedding band became a very fruitful search when I then stumbled across your website all that time ago. Here's to many more happy Chasing Moments weddings and babies!
    You do indeed rock and I couldn't be happier with the photos - they are just gorgeous. You are one super talented lady.

    ReplyDelete